POSTLBS – UNIVERSAL WEBAPI PLATFORM FOR VISUALIZING GEOSPATIAL ANALYSIS– ROUTING, GEOCODING, THEMATIC MAPPING AND MORE!
Many users have been required for mashup styled Web2.0 geospatial analysis services to reduce their time and cost for implementation. This presentation introduces PostLBS, a universal WebAPI platform for geospatial analysis and visualization. This platform provides geospatial functions by requesting simple URL.
PostLBS gives key geospatial functions such as
- Thematic maps – categorizing, filtering of attributes, and creating bubble charts
- Geospatial data analysis– buffering, convex hull and searching data within areas
- Routing – shortest paths and reachable regions
- Geocoding – geocoding and reverse geocoding.
- Simple URL structure consists of function’s name, service and output format.
- Using opensource modules and frameworks.
- DeployingXML files to define each WebAPI functions’ profile, parameters, resources and output formats.
PostLBS returns responses in several common formats editable by template. This is benificial for developers who want to mashup to their own applications quickly.
In this presentation, we explain scope of this platform, key features and services. Also a demonstration combinding FOSS4G frameworkswill be shown as an example of integrated web-based service.
Jun Koike - Orkney Inc.
Toru Mori - Orkney Inc.