Home > Presentations > Abstract details
3D WEB MAPPING: YES, WE CAN !
The third dimension offers a new way to visualize and analyze geospatial data. 3D requires special data acquisition and modelization, and introduces new GUI challenges. This talk will present the necessary steps to create Web mapping site proposing 3D data. Those steps will be demonstrated with examples of projects.
We will discuss in particular:
* Data acquisition: how to get those 3D points out of the real world
* Data modelization: how to create nice but not to complex models
* Textures: how to turn simple 3D models into realistic buildings
* 3D viewer integration: how to add Google (Google Earth, Street View) or other 3D Plugins to your favorite application
* Interaction between 2D maps and 3D viewer: how to display the third dimension on a two-dimensional screen
Yves Bolognini - Camptocamp SA
Cédric Moullet - Camptocamp SA